Juva store managers connect with our customers and their communities, fostering a deep sense of purpose at Juva. They believe we can all become a part of something bigger and inspire positive change in the world around us. They run and grow their business, lead great teams,and build a meeting place in their communities. They enjoy being able to achieve these aspirations autonomously, while leveraging our brand and business practices.
This job contributes to Juva’s success by leading their team to create and maintain the Juva Experience for our customers and team members.The store manager is required to regularly and customarily exercise discretion in managing the overall operation of the store. In particular, a majority of time is spent supervising and directing the workforce, making staffing decisions (i.e., hiring, training,evaluating, disciplining, discharging, and scheduling), ensuring customer satisfaction and product quality, managing the store’s financial performance, and managing safety and security within the store. The store manager is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Juva’s values.
Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
Demonstrates a calm demeanor during peak sales periods or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the store team.
Displays a customer comes first attitude by training and holding partners accountable for delivering superior customer service.
Drivers the implementation of company programs by developing action plans and directly motivating and instructing the store team to implement them to meet operational and organizational objectives.
Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote the culture, values and mission of Juva.
Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to team members to ensure smooth flow of operations.
Provides coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve operational goals. Constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to identif
Follows JUVA’s policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety and security of fellow team members during each shift.
Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that team members can locate resources and products as needed.
Provides quality products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and preparation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitization guidelines for all products.
Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
Summary of Experience
- Progressively responsible retail experience – 3 years
- Supervision – 1 year
- Customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment – 1 year
- Experience analyzing financial reports
- Puts the customer first – Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience.
- Works well with others – Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of Juva. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive.
- Leads courageously – Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions.
- Develops continuously – Continuously seeks opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop partners to achieve their potential.
- Achieves results – Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience at building community relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage store operations independently
- Ability to manage effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to manage resources to ensure that established service levels are achieved at all times
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of customer service techniques
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer service environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Team building skills
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together
- Demonstrates a calm demeanor during peak sales periods or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the store team.
- Displays a customer comes first attitude by training and holding partners accountable for delivering superior customer service.
- Drives the implementation of company programs by developing action plans and directly motivating and instructing the store team to implement them to meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote the culture, values and mission of Juva.
- Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to team members to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Provides coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve operational goals. Constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching and direction to the store team and achieve operational goals.
Planning and Execution
- Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Monitors and manages store staffing levels to ensure team member development and talent acquisition to achieve and maintain store operational requirements.
- Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communications and regularly uses discretion to filter communications to the store team. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective store operations.
- Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt team members and minors
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community
- Uses all operational tools to plan for and achieve operational excellence in the store
- Uses discretion in accessing external resources to support store operations and to execute district and regional initiatives
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance
Team Development & Team Building
- Providing team members with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Actively manages store team members by regularly conducting performance assessments, providing feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve team member performance. Manages ongoing team member performance using performance management tools to support organizational objectives
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with team members by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns
- Ensures team members adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and programs as well as by finding new, creative and effective methods of recognition
- Utilizes and demonstrates effective management principles and practices to create and maintain a successful store team resulting in an environment where team members are valued and respected
At JUVA, we are committed to supporting our employees and rewarding the excellent work they do. We shorten the time between great performance and recognition. The JUVA Management teams work with the staff to create a balance between supporting the store and maintaining a healthy work/life balance.